In fact, the reason the company was founded was to restore the privacy of personal communications that has been lost in this digital age. The most important way we protect your privacy is by providing you with the ability to send email and data directly to your recipient with no intermediate copies stored anywhere. Not even Shazzle gets a copy. Our architecture is peer-to-peer and that puts you in charge. We will need to store your user name and IP (internet protocol) address, as well as the addresses of people you send messages to. The messages themselves do not pass through our servers but go peer-to-peer directly to your recipient on an encrypted path. It is possible, though not likely, that your encrypted message might bounce through a Shazzle server as a relay, but even in this unlikely event Shazzle never gets a copy, and never has the key to decrypt. Only you and your receiver have these keys. This Privacy Statement is designed to assist you in understanding how Shazzle uses and safeguards the information you provide in using Shazzle’s peer-to-peer software. In this Privacy Statement, “Terms of Service” means the Shazzle License and Terms of Service applicable from time to time and currently found here; “Personal Data” means any information that Shazzle possesses relating to an identified or identifiable user of Software; “Software” means Shazzle’s peer-to-peer software that allows you to communicate with any other Shazzle users through the Internet; “Service” means the service component of the Software which facilitates the communication between Shazzle users; and “Website” means the website located at www.shazzle.com. Other capitalized terms have the meanings given them in the Terms of Service.
What information does Shazzle collect? In order to provide the Software and Service, Shazzle gathers and processes the following information:
• Registration Information: any information provided when voluntarily registering for use of the Software and Service, including, but not limited to, username and password and e-mail address.
• User Profile: any information about the user, filled in by the Shazzle user at their discretion, that is meant to be shared with other users of the Software that can be searched for by other Shazzle users.
• Customer Service Communications: any information that is reported to Shazzle about the operation of the system, including bug reports or requests for enhancements.
• Log Information: your user contact information, should you choose to share this, to allow for synchronization, and invitations. If you uninstall the ShazzleChat application, Shazzle will delete this information from its servers.
Shazzle Chat uses phone numbers as unique identifiers to make it easy for you to switch from SMS and other messaging apps and keep your social schedule. We ask for your permission before syncing your contacts.
We keep your contacts up-to-date to notify you as soon as one of your contacts signs up for Shazzle Chat and to display names correctly in notifications. We only need the number and first name (first and last name) for this to work and not save any other data about your contacts.
Synchronizing contacts also makes it easier for you to find friends in the app if they are registered and already using Shazzle Chat.
You can always stop syncing your contacts or delete them from our servers in Settings> Data Settings> OK. After you confirm the deletion, all your contact information will be deleted from our servers.
When you use some Shazzle services, our servers automatically record basic information that your application sends. These server logs may include information such as your message (if you sent a message directly to Shazzle. Shazzle does not get copies of messages you send to other recipients), Internet Protocol address, other addressing information, the date and time of your request and an authentication token used to validate the identity of you and your computer.
• How does Shazzle use this information and for what purpose? Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with an efficient user experience. We may use the information defined in this Privacy Statement to: provide the services and any customer support you request; resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems; enforce our Terms of Service; customize, measure, and improve Software, Service and Website content and layout; inform you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers unless you opt out; compare information for accuracy, and verify your identity; provide other services for you as described when we collect the information. Additionally we may use your information as described below.
• Registration Information Shazzle asks for Registration Information in order to verify your identity and to provide Service. We use third party banking organizations and other providers of payment services to bill you for any Service which are not free, and in that case we will, therefore, provide this billing provider with the necessary billing data.Shazzle respects the privacy of personal e-mail accounts and stores your e-mail addresses just as securely as other Personal Data. Shazzle will not share any of your personal information with third parties without your explicit permission (for example if you want to sign up for a third party service through Shazzle). However, Shazzle will use e-mail to send you messages about faults and service issues. Shazzle may also use e-mail to keep you up to date with news about the Software and Service.If you do not want to be kept informed in this way by e-mail, please contact Shazzle at email@example.com. Further, Shazzle reserves the right to use e-mail to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of Software and/or Services, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights. Shazzle is advertisement free at this time, but reserves the right to send offers to free users in the future.
• Customer Service Communications Information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Software, Service and Website. [Shazzle reserves the right to utilize anonymous information for marketing purposes, for instance by displaying selected comments on the Website or in other communications.] Further, Shazzle may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time in any obligation to provide any of such data. Shazzle will never use any personally identifiable (feedback) information without your explicit permission thereto.
• Log Information Shazzle will use this Routing Information to provide you with the Service and for statistical information.
• Personal Data of friends You may be interested in inviting your friends to join Shazzle. In the event you wish to use Shazzle’s referral service, you will be directed to a webpage and will have the possibility of adding one or more e-mail addresses in an online form. The information entered in this form, will only be used for the purposes of automatically generating an e-mail message to these potential Shazzle users and will thereafter immediately be deleted.
• How does Shazzle protect your personal information? Shazzle takes appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the data provided to it or collected by it, and does not retain it any longer than permitted in order to perform its services or as required under relevant legislation, with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. You should be aware that Shazzle uses standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption standards on services provided by others and so cannot be liable for the reliability or security of these services. Shazzle cannot promise you that third parties cannot access your personally identifiable information. It is a condition of your use that you agree Shazzle is not liable for any such disclosure.
• How long is your Personal Data kept by Shazzle? Shazzle will retain your information for as long as is necessary to: (1) perform the Service; (2) invoice to you your use of the Service and to maintain records until invoicing for the Service cannot be lawfully challenged and legal proceedings may no longer be pursued; (3) carry out Shazzle marketing activities; (4) comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts; (5) enforce our Terms of Service; or (6) fulfill any of the other purposes detailed in this Privacy Statement.
• Can this Privacy Statement be modified? Shazzle reserves the right to modify the provisions of this Privacy Statement if deemed necessary. We will inform you of these changes by publishing the revised Privacy Statement at www.shazzlemail.com/privacy-policy. The revised Privacy Statement shall become effective within thirty (30) days of such publishing, unless you expressly accept the revised statement earlier by clicking on the accept button. You agree that the express acceptance by you, or your continued use of the Software or Service after the notice period of thirty (30) days, shall constitute your acceptance of the Privacy Statement.
• What rights do you have and how can you contact Shazzle? If you would like to exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove your Personal Data, please contact Shazzle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity, Shazzle will fulfill your request, provided Shazzle will not act contrary to applicable legislation by fulfilling your request.